Better coverage is our stock in trade
Our Deluxe Wholesaler-Distributors Program has evolved from decades of experience
insuring Americas businesses. Our package includes the special coverages you need
for your business, plus you can add plenty of optional coverages and related life
insurance protection. The result is a unique business owners package offers you
exceptional property and liability coverage features, options that make sense for your
operation, savings you deserve, and practical payment plans to meet your cash flow needs.
In addition to this comprehensive program for virtually any wholesaler-distributor, we
also offer special packages for wholesaler-distributors specializing in auto parts,
restaurant supplies, and building and construction supplies.
If youd like to learn more about this special program, contact an agent in your area. Or, get in touch with our office nearest you.
Take inventory of all the built-in protection that comes with our program:
Property coverage Our Wholesaler-Distributors Program starts with solid coverage
for the buildings and business property you own or hold in your care. We provide coverage
on a replacement cost basis (with no coinsurance penalty) against most types of
direct loss, including burglary and robbery.
If your business experiences seasonal peak periods, coverage on your inventory automatically
increases during your busier times, with the simple provision that you insure to 100% of
your average monthly values.
Liability coverage Our program gives you comprehensive general liability
coverage for bodily injury and property damage arising from operations you own or mange.
You are protected if:
- Due to your negligence, a product you sell causes damage or injury.
- You accidentally cause fire damage to a building you rent.
- Employees acting on behalf of your business cause property damage or injury.
- You assume liability for others under written or verbal agreements.
- Medical expenses are incurred by anyone (other than your officers and employees) because
of an accident related to your premises.
- Youre accused of libel, slander, false arrest or invasion of privacy.
Our Deluxe Wholesaler-Distributors Program also includes these important all-around
- Business income and extra expense coverage for up to 12 consecutive months
following a loss.
- Money and securities for funds that are stolen or destroyed while on or off your
- Accounts receivable coverage for money you are unable to collect because these
records are destroyed.
- Valuable papers and records coverage to restore or replace these documents.
- Sewer/drain backup coverage for damage caused by backed-up sewers or drains.
- Glass coverage for damage to exterior or interior glass.
- Food/stock spoilage due to mechanical breakdown of refrigeration equipment
- Property off premises and in transit
- Fire department service charges
Plus many other tried-and-true coverages to guard your business against financial loss.
Optional coverages for your business
We offer over 35 options to help you customize your insurance program, including:
Life insurance to protect you and your business
- Professional liability We offer very competitive professional liability rates.
- Systems breakdown For heating, air conditioning and electrical systems used to
maintain your business.
- CompuPak® Comprehensive coverage to insure your information processing systems
against mechanical breakdown, electrical or magnetic erasure of tapes, sabotage and many
other types of loss. Covers both your hardware and software.
- Group coverages Group term life and short-term or long-term disability coverage
is available to protectand help you retainyour employees. The cost is
- Business continuation This coverage integrates a funded buy/sell agreement into
your plan, protecting the interest of the owners and the future of your operations.
- Building ordinance or law coverage To cover increased costs in construction
related to local or federal regulations.
- Employee dishonesty With your choice of limits per occurrence.
- Employment practices liability This coverage protects you against loss resulting
from a wide range of employee lawsuits, including discrimination, sexual harassment and
- Employee benefits liability coverage To protect you against errors and omissions
in administering your employee plans.
- Low-cost fidelity bond If you provide a qualified pension plan, this is the ideal
way to meet your legal requirements (ERISA) to protect plan participants against theft of
- Workers compensation Yes, this absolutely essential coverage is available for
your business. Ask your agent for details.
We can also handle all of your business life insurance needs. Some examples include:
Your other insurance needs
- Key employee coverage Designed to protect your business upon the loss of a key
employee. Funds can be used to find, hire and train a replacement, as well as compensate
for lost business during the transaction.
- Simplified pension plans Owners of small businesses can turn to either a SEP-IRA
or a Simple IRA to get the benefits of a qualified pension plan without the higher
administrative costs and paperwork hassles.
- Debt protection This coverage can secure the funds needed to pay off a
companys debt upon the death of an owner, helping the business continue as a viable
entity during this difficult time.
- Non-qualified executive plans A business may want to reward key people in the
organization with such executive plans as deferred compensation, executive bonus and split
dollar coverage. Each plan rewards the executive while tying them more closely to the
continued success of the business.
Harleysville offers a full line of products to cover all of your other business and
personal protection needs:
- Automobile For your business and personal use
- Homeowners Complete coverage for your personal property and liability needs
- Life Choose from a wide variety of life insurance plans to protect you and your
- Excess liability Broader coverage for losses above the limit of your underlying
- Shipmate® Coverage for your boat and liability for protection for you
- And much, much more
Want to know more about our special program for wholesaler-distributors? Contact an agent in your area, or get in touch with our office nearest you.
Note: These coverages are not available in all states. In the event
there are discrepancies between this information and your policy, the terms of your policy
will govern. Consult your independent insurance agent for more information.