Our insurance program can hold water
Leaky pipes. Clogged drains. Loose joints. You handle
emergencies like these every single day. Because youre so busy solving other
peoples problems, perhaps youre unprepared for mishaps of your own.
Harleysville can help. We know the plumbing business and the special risks that come with
the trade. We took that knowledge, then pulled out all the stops to create our Plumbers
Advantage Insurance Program.
If youd like to learn more about this special program, contact an agent in your area. Or, get in touch with our office nearest you.
Coverage that meets your specs
Over and above the solid coverage we provide for your buildings, equipment, tools and
supplies on premises, our program includes coverage of up to $25,000 for items that wait
on someone elses property for you to install.
We insure fixtures, appliances and building materials you ownand those in your
careagainst theft and most types of loss at your work locations and during
transport. Coverage extends to your tools and mobile equipment, subject to limitations in
To help you maintain good customer relationsand keep you out of courtwe
insure damage (up to $5,000 per incident and $25,000 per policy term) you accidentally
cause off-premises to property left in your care, regardless of fault.
If your business enjoys seasonal peak periods, coverage on your inventory automatically
increases 25 percent during your busier times with the simple provision that you insure to
100 percent of your average monthly values.
Whats more, your aggregate limitwhich typically caps your insurance payout
for an entire policy termapplies separately to each of your projects off
Weve only highlighted some of the main features of our insurance program. There
are lots more, like:
Well cover your loss of income (up to $25,000)
if your business activity is interrupted by insured damage on premises.
Hired and non-owned auto We cover you for injury or damage caused by your employees
while driving their vehicles for business purposes.
Medical payments Medical expenses are covered for any person (other than officers
and employees) who requires treatment because of an injury related to your business.
Premises boundary The usual 500-foot boundary limitation has been extended to cover
your plumbing supplies within 1,000 feet of your building.
Rental cost reimbursement on contractors equipment We will reimburse you up to $500
a day ($5,000 maximum) for the cost of renting substitute equipment if yours cannot be
used due to a covered loss.
Computer coverage Weve added special coverage to protect your hardware and
softwareon and off premises.
Property of others Youre covered for up to $5,000 on premises for personal
property of others left in your care.
- Business income/extra expense
Optional coverages for your business
Harleysville offers an array of options to complement your fundamental program,
including but not limited to:
- Agreed value or replacement cost coverage for your buildings and most property
- Employee dishonesty With your choice of limits per occurrence.
- Systems breakdown For heating, air conditioning and electrical systems used to
maintain your business.
- Group coverages Group term life and short-term or long-term disability coverage is
available to protectand help you retainyour employees. The cost is
- Business continuation This coverage integrates a funded buy/sell agreement into your
plan, protecting the interest of the owners and the future of your operations.
- Employment practices liability This coverage protects you against loss resulting
from a wide range of employee lawsuits, including discrimination, sexual harassment and
- Employee benefits liability coverage To protect you against errors and omissions in
administering your employee plans.
- Low-cost fidelity bond If you provide a qualified pension plan, this is the ideal
way to meet your legal requirements (ERISA) to protect plan participants against theft of
- Workers compensation Yes, this absolutely essential coverage is available for your
business. Ask your agent for details.
Life insurance to protect you and your business
We can also handle all of your business life insurance needs. Some examples include:
- Key employee coverage Designed to protect your business upon the loss of a key
employee. Funds can be used to find, hire and train a replacement, as well as compensate
for lost business during the transaction.
- Simplified pension plans Owners of small businesses can turn to either a SEP-IRA or
a Simple IRA to get the benefits of a qualified pension plan without the higher
administrative costs and paperwork hassles.
- Debt protection This coverage can secure the funds needed to pay off your
companys debt upon the death of an owner, helping your business continue as a viable
entity during this difficult time.
- Non-qualified executive plans Your business may want to reward key people in the
organization with such executive plans as deferred compensation, executive bonus and split
dollar coverage. Each plan rewards the executive while tying them more closely to the
continued success of your business.
We insure families, too!
Harleysville offers a full line of products to meet your personal protection needs as
- Automobile We offer competitive rates and a wide range of options
- Homeowners Complete coverage for your personal property and liability needs
- Life Choose from a wide variety of life insurance plans to protect you and your
- Excess liability Broader coverage for losses above the limit of your underlying
- Shipmate® Coverage for your boat and liability for protection for you
- Home business If any household members work out of the home, affordable coverage is
available and can easily be added to your Harleysville homeowners policy.
- And much, much more
Want to know more about our special program for professional plumbers? Contact an agent in your area, or get in touch with our office nearest you.
Note: These coverages are not available in all states. In the event
there are discrepancies between this information and your policy, the terms of your policy
will govern. Consult your independent insurance agent for more information.