For barbers and beauticians
Our program is a cut above
Just as every head of hair is different, insurance programs differ from company to company.
Harleysvilles Deluxe Beauticians and Barber Shop Program is a cut above other
insurance packages in many ways. Our package includes the special coverages you need for
your business, plus you can add plenty of optional coverages and related life insurance
protection. The result is a unique business owners package that is very good for your
If youd like to learn more about this special program, contact an agent in your area. Or, get in touch with our office nearest you.
Our program adds volume to your protection with these key coverage extensions:
Replacement cost coverage for property in your care Your employees
implements are insured against loss and theft at replacement costunlimited in
dollar amount up to your business personal property limit. This top-of-the-line
protection comes with a low deductible and applies to all tools of the trade that are
owned by your employees and used in the business.
Your customers personal belongings carry this same quality coverage while they
are in your care...anything from designer handbags to wigs and hairpieces.
Off-premises utility coverage With our program, well reimburse you up to
$5,000 for the loss of income you sustain after the first 12 hours following the utility
failure. Well do the same if your power goes out or your telephone lines go dead, as
long as the property supplying your service is located off your premises and the cause of
the damage is covered under your policy.
Business income and extra expense coverage With most business owners programs,
this coverage stops the minute your repairs are complete.
Although we provide unlimited business income and extra expense coverage for up to a
full year following covered damage on your premises, well continue coverage for up
to 30 days after your finishing touches are applied if your income has not returned
to normal levels.
You get layers and layers of all-around business coverage:
- Money and securities If your cash, credit card slips and other securities are
stolen or destroyed, youre covered.
- Accounts receivable Our coverage helps you "recoup" money owed to you
that destroyed records prevent you from collecting.
- Glass breakage Your interior and exterior glass on all levels is specially
insured against breakage-with no deductible.
- Outdoor signs Whether or not your signs are attached to your buildings,
theyre covered-with no deductible.
- Water backup Your buildings and business-related property are additionally
insured for damage caused by water that backs up from a sewer or drain.
Optional coverages for your business
We offer over 35 options to help you customize your program, including:
Life insurance to protect you and your business
- Professional liability We offer very competitive professional liability rates.
- Employee dishonesty With your choice of limits per occurrence.
- Systems breakdown For heating, air conditioning and electrical systems used to
maintain your business.
- CompuPak® Comprehensive coverage to insure your information processing systems
against mechanical breakdown, electrical or magnetic erasure of tapes, sabotage and many
other types of loss. Covers both your hardware and software.
- Group coverages Group term life and short-term or long-term disability coverage
is available to protectand help you retainyour employees. The cost is
- Business continuation This coverage integrates a funded buy/sell agreement into
your plan, protecting the interest of the owners and the future of your operations.
- Building ordinance or law coverage To cover increased costs in construction
related to local or federal regulations.
- Employment practices liability This coverage protects you against loss resulting
from a wide range of employee lawsuits, including discrimination, sexual harassment and
- Employee benefits liability coverage To protect you against errors and omissions
in administering your employee plans.
- Low-cost fidelity bond If you provide a qualified pension plan, this is the ideal
way to meet your legal requirements (ERISA) to protect plan participants against theft of
- Workers compensation Yes, this absolutely essential coverage is available for
your business. Ask your agent for details.
We can also handle all of your business life insurance needs. Some examples include:
Your other insurance needs
- Key employee coverage Designed to protect your business upon the loss of a key
employee. Funds can be used to find, hire and train a replacement, as well as compensate
for lost business during the transaction.
- Simplified pension plans Owners of small businesses can turn to either a SEP-IRA
or a Simple IRA to get the benefits of a qualified pension plan without the higher
administrative costs and paperwork hassles.
- Debt protection This coverage can secure the funds needed to pay off a
companys debt upon the death of an owner, helping the business continue as a viable
entity during this difficult time.
- Non-qualified executive plans A business may want to reward key people in the
organization with such executive plans as deferred compensation, executive bonus and split
dollar coverage. Each plan rewards the executive while tying them more closely to the
continued success of the business.
Harleysville offers a full line of products to cover all of your other business and
personal protection needs:
- Automobile For your business and personal use
- Homeowners Complete coverage for your personal property and liability needs
- Life Choose from a wide variety of life insurance plans to protect you and your
- Excess liability Broader coverage for losses above the limit of your underlying
- Shipmate® Coverage for your boat and liability for protection for you
- And much, much more
Want to know more about our special program for barbers and beauticians? Contact an agent in your area, or get in touch with our office nearest you.
Note: These coverages are not available in all states. In the event
there are discrepancies between this information and your policy, the terms of your policy
will govern. Consult your independent insurance agent for more information.