Our insurance program is better constructed
Whether you toenail, splice, sweat pipe or cut in corners, Harleysvilles
Contractors Business Owners Program builds a stronger defense against the risks of your
trade, both on premises and at the job site. Our package includes the special coverages
you need for your business, plus you can add plenty of optional coverages and related life
insurance protection. The result is a unique business owners package that is very good for
If youd like to learn more about this special program, contact an agent in your area. Or, get in touch with our office nearest you.
Property coverage that meets your specs
Over and above the solid coverage we provide for your buildings, equipment, tools and
supplies on premises, our program includes coverage for items that wait on someone
elses property for you to install.
We insure fixtures, appliances and building materials you ownand those in your
careagainst theft and most types of loss at your work locations and during
transport. Coverage extends to your tools and mobile equipment, subject to limitations in
If your business enjoys seasonal peak periods, coverage on your inventory automatically
increases 25 percent during your busier times with the simple provision that you insure to
100 percent of your average monthly values.
Other special coverages automatically included:
Tailored liability coverage
- Accounts receivable If you extend credit to your customers, this feature helps
you "recoup" money owed to you that destroyed records prevent you from
- Money and securities Your cash, credit card slips and other securities are
covered on and off premises for loss resulting from theft, destruction or disappearance.
- Valuable papers and records You have special coverage to help with the cost of
research needed to reconstruct manuscripts, abstracts, blueprints, and other computer or
paper documents crucial to your contracting business.
- Property of others Youre covered on premises for personal property of
others left in your care.
- Fire department service charge
Like our property protection, our liability coverage revolves around the nature of your
workincluding many coverages excluded in standard business policies. With few
- Youre protected against claims for bodily injury or property damage resulting from
your own negligence or that of your employees and independent subcontractors-both during
and after job completion.
- Youre insured for damage you cause from fire or explosion to a building or
premises you rent
- We pay sums for which you become legally obligated for personal injury and advertising
injury arising from the conduct of your business.
- We pay medical expenses for any person (other than officers and employees) requiring
medical services because of an accident related to your operations.
We offer a wide range of options to help you personalize your insurance program,
- Business income If you business activity is interrupted by insured damage on
premises, well cover your loss of income for up to 12 consecutive months as well as
extra expenses you incur to keep your business going.
- Contractors equipment If you own front-end loaders, tampers, trenchers,
generators or other valuable equipment and machinery, comprehensive coverage is available.
- Rental reimbursement Covers the cost of renting substitute equipment if yours
cannot be used due to a covered loss.
- Voluntary property damage You can purchase special liability coverage to insure
damage you cause to customers homes and other property that is in your care or
control off premises.
- Agreed value or replacement cost coverage is available for your buildings and
most business property items.
Of course, our Deluxe Insurance Program for Contractors also provides all the
fundamental property and general liability coverages found in standard commercial policies
to protect your building, contents, premises and operations, plus many other
tried-and-true coverages to guard your practice against financial loss.
Optional coverages for your business
We offer over 35 options to help you customize your contractors program, including:
Life insurance to protect you and your business
We can also handle all of your business life insurance needs. Some examples include:
- Systems breakdown For heating, air conditioning and electrical systems used to
maintain your business.
- CompuPak® Comprehensive coverage to insure your information processing systems
against mechanical breakdown, electrical or magnetic erasure of tapes, sabotage and many
other types of loss. Covers both your hardware and software.
- Group coverages Group term life and short-term or long-term disability coverage
is available to protectand help you retainyour employees. The cost is
- Business continuation This coverage integrates a funded buy/sell agreement into
your plan, protecting the interest of the owners and the future of your operations.
- Building ordinance or law coverage To cover increased costs in construction
related to local or federal regulations.
- Employee dishonesty With your choice of limits per occurrence.
- Employment practices liability This coverage protects you against loss resulting
from a wide range of employee lawsuits, including discrimination, sexual harassment and
- Employee benefits liability coverage To protect you against errors and omissions
in administering your employee plans.
- Low-cost fidelity bond If you provide a qualified pension plan, this is the ideal
way to meet your legal requirements (ERISA) to protect plan participants against theft of
- Workers compensation Yes, this absolutely essential coverage is available for
your business. Ask your agent for details.
Your other insurance needs
Harleysville offers a full line of products to cover all of your other business and
personal protection needs:
- Key employee coverage Designed to protect your business upon the loss of a key
employee. Funds can be used to find, hire and train a replacement, as well as compensate
for lost business during the transaction.
- Simplified pension plans Owners of small businesses can turn to either a SEP-IRA
or a Simple IRA to get the benefits of a qualified pension plan without the higher
administrative costs and paperwork hassles.
- Debt protection This coverage can secure the funds needed to pay off a
companys debt upon the death of an owner, helping the business continue as a viable
entity during this difficult time.
- Non-qualified executive plans A business may want to reward key people in the
organization with such executive plans as deferred compensation, executive bonus and split
dollar coverage. Each plan rewards the executive while tying them more closely to the
continued success of the business.
- Automobile For your business and personal use
- Homeowners Complete coverage for your personal property and liability needs
- Life Choose from a wide variety of life insurance plans to protect you and your
- Excess liability Broader coverage for losses above the limit of your underlying
- Shipmate® Coverage for your boat and liability for protection for you
- And much, much more
Want to know more about our special program for contractors? Contact an agent in your area, or get in touch with our office nearest you.
Note: These coverages are not available in all states. In the event
there are discrepancies between this information and your policy, the terms of your policy
will govern. Consult your independent insurance agent for more information.