Directors and officers of
Protect your personal assets with professional liability coverage
As a director or officer of a non-profit organization,
you risk a potential lawsuit each time you make a decision or vote on a
motion. And, even if the lawsuit is unfounded, you could still wind up in
court placing your personal assets in jeopardy and running up thousands of
dollars in legal defense costs. In the end, you could end up losing money
even if you win the suit.
Professional liability coverage for individual members as
well as for organizations
Harleysville's new Directors & Officers (D&O) Liability
- Protection against lawsuits for alleged discrimination, errors and
omissions, misstatements, neglect, breach of duty and other wrongful
- Up to $1 million in professional liability coverage for you, with
automatic coverage for your organization.
- Coverage for past, present and future directors, officers,
employees, trustees, volunteers and committee members of your
We're committed to protecting you.
Whether you serve with a business or trade association, civic
organization, foundation or trust, or even a church group, you still need
professional liability protection against a lawsuit resulting from a
decision you make.
- We pay up to the policy limit on behalf of you or your
organization if youre named in a lawsuit. And, unlike other policies,
you wont be stuck paying costs out-of-pocket while awaiting
reimbursement for your claim.
- We provide automatic employment practices liability coverage for
discrimination, sexual harassment, wrongful termination and other
workplace offenses. Other business policies limit or exclude these.
- We provide separate coverage for each individual insured
under the policy, even if both parties to the suit are from the same
- We pay you up to $250 per day for covered expensesincluding
loss of incomeresulting from your required attendance at a trial or
hearing to defend your claim.
- We rate your policy by the size and nature of your
organization—no one-size-fits-all coverage or premium ratings!
Your Harleysville independent agent can answer any questions you may
have about this comprehensive D&O liability coverage. Contact an agent in your area. Or, get in touch with our office nearest you.